If you have reached 30th week of your pregnancy, this post is for you! By now you must be excited about meeting your baby and must be having anxiety attacks about the preparations and shopping to be done and the D day.
Relax! In my series of blog posts, I will help you with the list of things to buy for you and your baby which will help you in the coming days.
1) medical records, files, insurance papers
2) a bathrobe/ nightrobe : will be handy during labor
4) change of clothes for a couple of days: prefer loose , front open nightgowns which makes breastfeeding easy. Most hospitals provide their Gowns for the same purpose. You can also use your hubby’s shirts.
5) some women bleed a lot post delivery, disposable panties are a great buy and are really convinient to use. Make sure you check the size before you buy
7) nursing bra : I am using this since last 8 months and find it affordable and comfortable
8) breast pads
9) routine toiletries, toothbrush, hairbrush and skincare products
10) plastic bags to store dirty clothes
11) bath and hand towels
12) light entertainment : like books, magazines, music, tabs to pass time.
13) phone charger
14) camera: to capture the priceless memories!
15) snacks and drinks
16) going home outfit: we all want to look good in those homecoming pictures, don’t we?!
17) nipple cream : initial breastfeeding days can get difficult with those cracked nipples. I used Nipcare cream but it’s always better to ask your doctor for the prescription
18) plenty of hand sanitiser: MUST be used by everyone who touches the baby , EVERY SINGLE TIME. Remember, New borns are very prone to infection .
19) breast pump ( optional) can buy later if needed
20) chord blood kit: again this depends on the hospital policies